Sunday, March 11, 2012
No legacy is so rich as honesty.
This week I am extremely grateful for the honest people in this world. One of our 2012 goals was to become rock awesome budgeters. In order to do that, we had to actually budget and stick to it...what a concept :). We've decided to do the envelope system since we deal with a lot of cash from Dale's piano lessons. Basically the envelope system entails putting all of your money into separate "envelopes" for different things you need throughout the month. I bought one of those expanding folders that has 12 compartments for all of our budgeting needs. We absolutely love it. This system has honestly revolutionized our entire financial future. The only flaw is that at any given time you are carrying with you your entire month's worth of money in cash. That can be a problem when you leave it in your shopping cart at Target. Which I did. On Saturday. I even left it outside. I was worried. I could just see someone taking all of my cash. In my mind I was formulating a plan on how we were going to get through the rest of the month with no money. When I went back to get it, the shopping cart I left it in out in the parking lot was empty. I rushed to the Customer Service section of the store and stood impatiently in line. Finally, when the Target worker handed over my purse, I checked to see what was missing. Nothing. Everything was there. My phone, my wallet, my money. What a huge blessing. Dale wasn't worried. He said he had said a prayer. Believe me, I was praying the entire time. I am SO grateful our prayers were answered the way we were hoping :). I have no idea who returned my purse, but I am so grateful for their honesty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been using this same system for a few years now and really like it. However I dont carry it with me. Our rule is if we dont have money on us when we go to the store then we dont need whatever it is that we are trying to buy. Meaning I try to grab a few bucks before leaving the house, it helps us not to impulse buy. I am glad you were able to get all your money back and its nice to hear that there is someone out there nice enough to give it back.
Post a Comment