All the "juice" about us :)

Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Time Parents

Dale and I are first time parents...which means everything our 1 kid does is pretty much the most exciting thing in the world.  That means when our kiddo is ready for his first haircut, I want to be there.  I want to collect some of his hair (even if it is too small to really collect).  Dale and I had talked about giving Trey a haircut for quite awhile.  It was growing over his ears, and getting pretty shaggy.  The kid does not lack in the hair department (though his leg hair, which was ridiculously thick when he was born, has gradually evened out).  But, we were busy, and life went on.  Trey's haircut was put on the back burner for awhile.  Then one day I came home from work and saw Trey's freshly cut hair.  Dale had given him his first haircut while I was at work.  I gotta admit, as cute as Trey looked, I was pretty disappointed/somewhat upset.  It was lucky for us Dale was teaching Piano lessons for 3 hours so I had time to get over it.  I know he was just being helpful.  I get that.  But I did have to explain that as a working mom I feel like I already miss out on so much, so I want to be there for those big things we can control...like my kid's first haircut.  As it turned out giving Trey a haircut was a 2 person job, and Dale wasn't actually able to finish it completely by himself.  So, I still got my pictures.  I still got a few scraps of hair.  And our hairy kid has now had 2 haircuts, and could technically use a third. 




 

No comments: