We've all got our own little quirks, right? I know I've got a few (Dale would definitely agree :), but I'll save that for another day. Right now I want to share some of the funny things that have gone on around our house that I've managed to snag a few pictures of.
Growing up I was taught to unload the dishwasher in an orderly fashion. The plates have their own place, the cups have theirs, and the silverware? Well, each fork, spoon, and knife have their own little section in the silverware drawer. That's what that nice tupperware silverware separator thing, who's name escapes me, is for, right? Well, not in our house. On any given day you'll open our silverware drawer and find this:
Dale has decided to speed up the process of unloading the dishwasher by simply chucking all of the silverware into the drawer (sharp knives included). I've learned to embrace it. At least he unloads the dishwasher :).
Something else that happens quite a bit at our house is that things mysteriously disappear. During December I was looking for the bows I KNEW I had for our Christmas presents. I looked everywhere. TWICE. Finally I bought some new ones. Then, last week when I was putting away all of our Christmas stuff, I came across the lost bag of bows hidden in the back crevice of the TV stand. Of course that's where they were. Why wouldn't I think to look there?
Things also mysteriously make their way into the trash that don't belong there. Like that gift card to Jamba Juice we bought for a friend. I knew I had put in on the table, and then it was gone. I spent quite a while looking for it before wondering if it accidentally got thrown out. Sure enough, it was in the trashcan. Same with that card I had everyone in my primary class sign for one of their classmates who was moving away. I put in on the table...next thing we know Dale's digging in the outside trashcan to find it...which is exactly where it was.
(**Side note: normally I would've just gotten a new card for the kids to sign, but he was of course leaving that afternoon...so it was crucial to have it! I don't normally make my sweet hubby dumpster dive, even if he is the one throwing everything out :)
Apparently quirkiness is becoming the new normal in the Jessee household.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment