All the "juice" about us :)

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

There are so many events I am behind with posting, but they can wait for one more day. Today I just want to remember.
Somebody somewhere once stated wisely, "Freedom isn't Free." I don't think I fully understood this statement until 10 years ago when I was in the midst of watching my dad pull out of the driveway to begin his first tour of duty in the Middle East. I think I understood it a little more shortly after that day as I watched America be attacked on September 11, 2001. And, I think I understand it even better today, on the 10 year anniversary of those attacks, as once again my dad is serving our country as an American Soldier. I think of him as he proudly hangs the American flag over his bed in Iraq, and as he wears his uniform in the 110 degree heat with honor. I think of him as he spends months away from his family in a foreign land. I think of him as he laces up his boots willingly. Why does he do all this? He serves today because "Freedom isn't Free."

No comments: