Dale's favorite saying when he sees something you would only see in a small town is..."Only in Parowan!" Like when we saw an older couple driving in their golf cart down Main Street...or when the only grocery store in town closes at 8:00...or when we saw the car that was decked out with antlers and a red nose around Christmas :). Living in a small town definitely has its benefits. The last time I was in Parowan there was a huge snow storm while my mom and I were at the grocery store. We had to battle the insane snow to get to our car and were loading our groceries in the trunk when the store owner came out and scraped our windows for us. Then he proceeded to do the rest of the cars in the parking lot. You wouldn't see that in a big city, that's for sure :).
This weekend we drove down to Parowan to visit my family. We hit up beautiful sunny St. George while we were down south, and had dinner at Outback Steakhouse to celebrate my mom's birthday. On the way home we were probably a quarter mile from my parent's house when Dale made a slight stop at a stop sign...I wouldn't say he rolled through it, but it wasn't exactly a stop. Of course there was cop sitting in the dark right by us. He followed us to my parents and pulled us over. Then to add to the stress of most likely getting a ticket, we didn't have our current car insurance card with us either. Yay. The cop asked where we were headed, and I said, "Right here- we're visiting my parents." Miraculously the cop came back and just gave us a warning! I called my dad right after and asked if he knew the cop, because there was no way we should've gotten off! Parowan is one of those "everybody knows everybody" type of towns, so of course he did...only in Parowan :). I love small towns! :)
We didn't get many pictures...Trey just wanted to run around after sitting in the car for 5 1/2 hours. Can't say I blame him!
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment