All the "juice" about us :)

Monday, February 24, 2014

I have the 2 sweetest Valentines ever!

Dale and Trey are of course my sweet Valentines.  I've kinda been super lame at Valentine's Day in the past, so I wanted to step it up a little and give my Valentines a nice breakfast.  Of course, that did require getting up at 6:15 am to make breakfast for Dale before work.  Totally worth it!  Delicious homemade stuffed french toast with fresh strawberries, a semi-heart shaped egg, and amazing OJ...the breakfast of champions :).

Trey and I made heart shaped sugar cookies and delivered them to a few of our neighbors.  Trey loves to "help" right now.  I basically just let him pour everything into the bowl after I measure it out.  It keeps him happy and makes him feel like the best helper in the world.



Dale brought me home a non-traditional valentine, but it was absolutely delicious.  We have this fetish with the Marble Slab Creamery over by us at the District.  Do not be deceived...it is not the same as Cold Stone. They have this amazing "Fudge Brownie Delight" that we get every time we go (which I'm not ashamed to admit is sometimes once a week :).  The name says it all...Fudge...brownie...delight.  It can't get much better.  The only change we make is substituting the plain vanilla ice cream with sweet cream.  Oh buddy :).  Delicious!  So when Dale brought me home a Fudge Brownie Delight for my valentine, you better believe I was thrilled :).  I did share...a little.

My cheesy Valentine to Dale :)  

That night we left Trey home with a babysitter and we headed off to Rodizio Grill in American Fork. The last time we went there was around 5 years ago, but we remembered their delicious grilled pineapple, which was ultimately why we chose this place.  Luckily we got reservations, because those pour souls who didn't were looking at least an hour wait.  When we left at 8:30 the enterance was still packed with people waiting to get a seat. 

The amazing thing about this place is the fact that the meat just keeps coming...every 3 minutes or so you're approached by someone holding a massive skewer of succulent looking meat.  Of course, this venue may not have been the best choice for us since we're not the biggest meat eating family out there...but they did have some good stuff.  I do admit that we kept looking around to see if there were any grilled veggie skewers out there (that would've tickled our fancy for sure :)...but we settled for requesting more grilled pineapple.  Wow.  I haven't eaten that much in a long time :).  I couldn't even hardly eat the chocolate cake they brought for dessert (shocking, I know).  Dale polished that one off.  Since it was Valentine's Day they even sent us home with some pretty red flowers.  Aahhhh :)

Valentine's Day with my hubby and Trey bunny were awesome!  Love those guys!  

1 comment:

Jessi Miller said...

You need to go to Tucanos. Same thing with the pineapple and meat plus grilled veggies.