All the "juice" about us :)

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I LOVE the month of December!  Of course, it may have something to do with the fact that I have the ENTIRE month off of work :).  I love getting to spend the month with my Trey man and my sweet hubby :).  I love all of the fun holiday preparation, and I even love having the time to clean our apartment!  Though I'm sure that last one will get old quickly once I'm a stay at home mom for good :). We spent the month doing the usual fun holiday celebrations...made gingerbread nativities/Santa's sleigh, went to our ward Christmas party, got together with friends, listened to tons of Christmas music, and of course ate way too many delicious treats.  We also went to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point.  That trip is the reason this post has no pictures :).  We definitely took some, though not many due the huge downpour of snow.  We thought it would be fun to take the wagon ride through the lights instead of driving in our car, and that the snow would make it so much more magical :).  It was magical for about the first 5 minutes, then we started to freeze and Trey started to get antsy.  Another 5 minutes into it and we didn't care much about the lights, just getting back into our warm car!  The snow was coming down quicker, and we were getting more soaked by the second.  As soon as it was over we booked it back to our car.  It was quite the ordeal getting Trey in.  We had to unearth him from his piles of clothing so he wouldn't suffer from heat stroke once we blasted the heat.  In our rush I wasn't exactly thorough enough with checking to make sure we didn't lose anything in the process.  When we pulled out of the parking lot, we ran over a large lump...which turned out to be our camera.  It was surprisingly not smashed like I thought, but still completely broken and unusable.  So, no pictures from this month :(.  But on the upside, we got a new camera!  And let's face it, it was time.  The one we had been using I'd gotten in college...8 years ago.  Technology has come a long way in those 8 years!

We didn't get our camera until after Christmas, so once again, we didn't get pics of Trey at Christmas...guess we won't be voted Parents of the Year any time soon :).  But we did of course get it on video.  We were so super excited for Trey to open his presents this year now that he actually has complete control over his hands!  He had been practicing all month (we've been letting him unwrap Christmas books to read at night...he won't sit still for the stories, but he's one terrific unwrapper).  He was pretty excited too that we were actually letting him unwrap the presents instead of saying "No" every time he got close to the tree :).  Earlier in the month he started touching the end of a tree branch and would look at us and say "No." :).  He got some pretty fun presents, but lost interest half way through unwrapping.  He wanted to play with his loot!  Santa sure spoiled him this year :).  Another great Christmas enjoying time with family, eating dinner with my Grandma, and of course, relaxing in our Christmas Pjs.     

No comments: