Trey Grant Jessee is finally here!
My water broke at 1:10 am on Tuesday, June 28th. Dale was rushing around packing things while I was changing my clothes...3 times (there's an unbelievable amount of water!) Dale was a little anxious Trey would be born at our house if we didn't leave soon, so he rushed us to the hospital. By the time we got to there my clothes were soaked again. Oh the joys :). They checked us in and checked everything out, but even though my water had broken, nothing was happening...no contractions. They gave me some medicine that made me feel REALLY good :) and then gave me something else to start the contractions.
Once I was settled in Dale ran home to grab some things we had forgotten in the rush. He was a champ during this whole experience! He stayed up all night, even though I was dozing on and off. Luckily he brought his computer to keep him company :). They came in and gave me my epidural around 2:00 PM, and we started pushing at 3:30. I say "We" because Dale was the one who got to count between pushes, and let me know when it was time. He was such a good coach! At one point the nurse left and had Dale be completely on his own coaching me. What an incredible husband! He was incredibly supportive and positive through the whole thing.
Waiting...
I pushed for an hour, and then the doctor came in to "catch" him. She was dressed from head to toe in protective gear. Apparently she's been covered in goo a time or two :).
Dr. Desano
Dale convinced me to watch as Trey was being born, so they put a mirror out so I could see what was going on. It was truly amazing to watch! Our sweet little Trey entered this world at 4:39 PM. Dale got to cut the umbilical cord. What a man! I was a little surprised they handed Trey to me IMMEDIATELY after he was born- they hadn't even wiped him off or anything. They took him soon after and weighed him and wiped him off. Dale was documenting everything as they took care of him. Then I got to hold my sweet baby. They had me put him right next to my skin, which was the most incredible experience! He melted my heart :).
When they moved us up to our room after the delivery, the nurses teased us about how much stuff we had. They even went and got Dale a cart so he could move it all. Apparently we looked like we were moving in. I admit, we didn't use half the stuff we brought, but we were super prepared :). I guess the online hospital suggestion lists are a little lengthy :). Next time we'll be pros at packing!
Trey spent the first night in the nursery. He had stopped breathing for a little bit while they were checking him so they hooked him up to a machine to monitor him for the night. We are so glad everything went okay after that.
Trey right after he was born!
First Family Picture at the hospital
Proud Daddy!
Getting ready to go home!
These were on our door when we got home. We're not sure who put them up, but they are sure cute!
We just love our sweet little man! He has filled a void we didn't even know existed, and has brought us so much joy! One of our favorite things is to just watch his facial expressions change. Dale was completely slap happy the other night as we "Trey Watched". What fun times!
We sure love you Trey!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment