Dale and I are in love with this recipe. When we were first married I was watching the Rachael Ray show while I was off-track, and she made this delicious dinner. Of course I had to make it! It was then our tomato-watermelon salad fetish began to blossom :). The funny thing about it is that no one else seems to like it! We've taken it to several BBQ's, dinners, and had people over to share it with us, but we've only gotten a mediocre response at best. I realize it's kind of an odd combo- tomatoes, onion, and watermelon? But it is truly delicious! I dare you to try it!
Rachael Ray's Tomato-Watermelon Salad
Salt and pepper
1/2 small, seedless watermelon
Heirloom tomatoes, 3 medium or 2 pints small
1 small red onion
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, a couple of handfuls, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cut the watermelon into 1/4-inch-thick slices then in large bite-size pieces. Gently slice the tomatoes in a similar shape. If you are using smaller tomatoes, halve or quarter them.
2. Peel the onion and quarter it lengthwise. Thinly slice the onion and combine with the watermelon, tomatoes, parsley and mint. Dress the salad with lots of salt and pepper and about 1/4 cup EVOO.
3. ENJOY!!!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment