Sunday, August 22, 2010
Missing Mikkie...
I don't even know where to begin...it's been one of those weeks I wouldn't wish on anyone. Last Saturday Dale and I got the call that our sweet little niece Mikkie fell in the pool and wasn't breathing. Mikkie had been life flighted to the hospital and her parents were driving to the hospital to meet her. Dale and I knelt down in prayer and asked that Mikkie's life would be spared and that Laura and Tim would be comforted, but to let us be accepting of "His will." As Dale was praying a feeling of peace rested in my heart. I didn't say anything to Dale until we were on our way to the hospital...it was a definite peace that radiated through me, but was it an assurance that she'd live or comfort to accept the unthinkable? As I told Dale how I was feeling, he said he had a similar experience. We both assumed that meant our sweet little Mikkie would be okay. But Heavenly Father must have needed her in Heaven, because she passed away a short while later. My heart ached for for her sweet parents and 3 year old sister, and still does...but I am SO grateful for the gospel in my life. What a truly great blessing it is to know that if we live worthily we will one day be reunited with her and that her sweet little family will be intact for eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment