All the "juice" about us :)

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 4th: Let Freedom Ring!

I've always been a huge fan of the 4th of July...what's not to love? Fireworks, family, friends, watermelon, parades, soaking up the sun (most years :). But for the past few years the 4th of July has meant much more to me than all this. It holds a special place in my heart. This year I kept thinking about the summer my dad went to Kuwait with the Army. He stayed with us on the 4th just long enough to watch the fireworks and say a few goodbyes, and then he left to serve our country for 7 months. He was in an Arabic Nation on 9-11, and continued to serve us willingly. I have really come to love that quote, "Freedom Isn't Free." I've seen firsthand, first with my dad and then again with my younger brother, that our freedoms haven't come without a price...whether it's through blood and trauma or simply time away from home, it's a sacrifice I'll be forever grateful these men and women willingly take.



Getting ready to go to Riverton Days :)


The camel we saw...isn't she cute! She's only 3 months old.


We got to feed the camel!


My sister Racheal and her husband Sam. They were kind enough to invite us to go see the Bees game with them on the 4th.


Dale and I at the game- it went 12 innings...wow, L-O-N-G game! The fireworks afterwards were definitely worth it!

No comments: