All the "juice" about us :)

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Year One: A complete success!

It's hard to believe a year has already passed since our wedding...wow, that went fast! I've heard many people say that your first year together is one of learning. Learning about each other, learning about finances, learning about "The Real World," etc. After experiencing "The First Year" first hand, I'd say that's definitely true, and I'm sure Dale would agree! We've been so blessed in our marriage. I'm lucky to have Dale in my life!

Here are just a few things I've learned about Dale this year:

- He spends A LOT more time that I thought on the piano...I consider myself blessed that he does! I love it!

- He's very neat and organized. Yeah! I guess this means I'm the more messy one in the relationship (though he does tend to leave the lid off the toothpaste :)

- A great portion of his life revolves around food. He has such a high metabolism it's hard to keep him fed :).

- Not only does he love food, but he's a really healthy eater. This a good thing!

- He has to sleep with the fan on. I'm getting used to that.

- He's VERY patient :)

- He'll do anything to support our family :) He's a great provider!

- He's going to be an excellent father one day...boy is he cute with his nieces!

- His dream is to support our family through doing what he loves...playing the piano. We all know it's just a matter of time :)

- He hates sleeping with a pillow.

- He is very good at doing laundry :)

- He eyes sparkle when he's talking about something he loves (and when he's teasing someone :)

- He eats garlic when he's sick...something I'll never try!

- He only likes his mom's strawberry jam. Nothing else compares!

- He doesn't like olives.

- He'll do anything to help his family and friends.

- I've always known he's an optimist, but now I am so grateful for it! He keeps us happy :)

It has been a wonderful year! Definitely not without its challenges, but we've sure been blessed. What a great life it is to be married for eternity to the man you love!



This is the ONE picture we got from our anniversary :)

1 comment:

lAuRa said...

thats an awesome post! I had a lot of good laughs. =) You guys are awesome, congrats on your one year! You def. make a very cute couple!