All the "juice" about us :)

Monday, March 16, 2009

The FHE of Death


I'm not usually the working out kinda gal...I prefer doing something crafty, experimenting with new recipes (yes, eating :) or watching CSI with Dale. Believe it or not, this hasn't always been the case. I used to run track in High School (I got sucked in by a very convincing and relentless Coach), and in College I even went to the gym fairly consistently. But those days have long since passed.

That is, until tonight when Dale and I had what I like to refer to as the "FHE of Death." Dale suggested we have a Physical Fitness FHE. He's been pretty good at keeping himself fit- He does his pushups and sit-ups pretty regularly, and then shows off his "lucky egg". No wonder he chose this activity...he's already a pro :). We got all ready in our workout gear (yes, that is Dale's tie he's wearing around his head as a headband in his pic), and then Dale started our training session.

He's pretty hard core. He even has a timer on his computer he uses to count down the minutes as we huffed, puffed and grunted our way into sore muscles. He had us doing pushups, sit-ups, and even leg throws until our legs and stomach muscles felt like jell-o. In all fairness, I've gotta admit that now that the torture is over I do feel good...not good enough to do it again anytime soon, but that "Workout High" is starting to kick in. So, I guess it was a successful FHE! Way to go my taskmaster hunny!

No comments: