I had all of September off of school, and Dale and I decided it was time for our first camping trip as a married couple. We went with some of our friends to the Hope Campgroud. Dale and our friend Ryan made up this song about our campsite that still gets stuck in my head once in a while...something about "In the Hope Campground." We had a lot of fun, but when it started pouring Dale and I decided we're not really the "roughing it" type. We'll try camping again when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping :).
During my Fall break Dale and I went on a beautiful hike at Red Aspen Springs, up Little Cottonwood Canyon. I couldn't believe there was actually snow up there! I thought we were going to freeze for sure, but it didn't end up being too bad once I was huffing and puffing up those hills. Dale wanted me to help him build a snowman on the way down, but like I said, I'm not exactly the roughing it type, and we didn't have any gloves. He ended up building a tiny snowman, and his hands were all red and freezing when he was done. People passing us on the trail thought it was funny. We left the snowman there when we were done for everyone else to enjoy :).
It seems like life keeps getting busier and busier. I've been hitting the books pretty hard for the last month or so at school. I've gotta admit that I am super glad that Halloween is now over...I love dressing up and carving pumpkins and doing all the fun Halloweenish stuff, but I do NOT love Halloween as a school teacher! The kids get to come to school dressed up, and we have this huge Halloween parade where we all walk around the school so everyone can see the kids costumes...including a couple hundred parents. Lucky me, I got to lead my class in this parade. Sounds fun huh?
Dale and I had a lot of fun dressing up. We were Fred and Wilma Flinstone...I was worried the orange dye wouldn't come out of my hair. The first thing I did when I got home from the Halloween party we went to was wash it out! I guess if it hadn't come out, my kids at school would've gotten a kick out of my beautiful orange hair :). I've gotta admit, Dale makes a really good-lookin Fred!
1 comment:
Jen you are now on my friend list which means i'll be checking periodically so you need to keep updating it. It was so great to see you last night! Thanks again for coming.
Post a Comment